The Masan, Changwon, and Jinhae Civil Assembly for Japanese Military Sexual Slaves, with the sponsorship of Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education, organizes a petition for UNESCO to inscribe Voices of the ‘Comfort Women’ as a UNESCO documentary heritage and include in the International Memory of the World register. This competition calls for creative, artistic expressions that contribute to this collective endeavor.
For a better understanding of the issue, please check the website, http://www.voicecw.org, by the International Committee for Joint Nomination of Documents on the Japanese Military ‘Comfort Women’ to UNESCO Memory of the World Register, or ‘The Japanese Military ‘Comfort Women’ e-museum’ on the website of the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, http://wwww.mogef.go.kr, of the Republic of Korea.
Submission due by September 30, 2021
Eligibility for Participation
Youths (12-24 years old) from Korea or any other country can participate, either as individuals or as team.
1) User-Created Content (UCC): photos and videos
- No more than five minutes
- High-definition video in wmv, mp4, mov, avi, etc. file formats
- If subtitles are used, files without subtitles must also be submitted (Not applicable to the Korean participants)
2) Webtoon: hand-drawn pictures and card news
- More than four cuts/slides
- jpg, png file format
- Hand-drawn cartoons are accepted (when sent by post, deadline is valid by the postmarked date)
- More than 5 pages for card news
3) Paintings: free format, graphic designs, and posters
- No restrictions on format and size
- Submission of entered work: when sent by post, deadline is valid by the postmarked date
4) Written text: free format, long/short essay, etc.
- Length: not more than 5 sheets of A4 size paper (not more than 3,000 words)
- Side margin: default
- Font size: 12pt, Gothic font
- Language: English, Japanese, Chinese or Korean
Download this application form and submit it with your entry.
Submit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit by mail:
Masan, Changwon and Jinhae Civil Assembly for Japanese Military Sexual Slaves
Address: #305 Hwasin Bldg, 89, Sangnam-ro, Seongsan-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
Tel. No.: 055-264-0930 / +8255-264-0930
Human Rights Award: (1 Individual/team) Certificate + 1,000,000 Won
Peace Award: (4 Individuals/teams) Certificate + 500,000 Won
Independence Award: (4 Individuals/teams) Certificate + 300,000 Won
Justice Award: (4 Individuals/teams) Certificate + 200,000 Won
Democracy Award: (10 Individuals/teams) Certificate + 100,000 Won
※ Awards and details may change depending on the circumstances.
Judging Criteria, Restrictions, & Precautions
- Judging of the entries will focus on creativity and effective deliver and persuasive content.
- All submitted works must be original creations. For plagiarism, imitation, or theft of works in other competitions, the awards will be canceled even after the announcement of the prize, and the awards and prizes must be returned.
- Works for commercial purposes, works that infringe copyrights, portrait rights, etc. without consent, and works that are against public morality will be excluded. ※ The applicant shall be responsible for all civil and criminal disputes related to the violation of the relevant laws, such as portrait rights, copyrights, trademark rights and patent rights, which have not been confirmed before submitted.
- Submitted works and awards can be used for public purposes by the host organization, including the utilization for exhibition, publication, utilization and transmission (such as conveying the truth about the Japanese military ‘Comfort Women’).
Presentations and Awards Ceremony
- Announcement of Winners: November (Individual Notification)
- Award Ceremony: Early December (tentative), date and venue to be announced
- Exhibition: Mid- December (tentative), date and venue to be announced
Use of Selected Entries
- Selected works will be complied and published as a collection.
- An exhibition of the selected works will be held in Changwon (subject to change depending on the Covid-19 situation).
- Selected works will be posted on various domestic and international social networking sites, such as the homepage of the “International Committee for Joint Nomination of Documents on the Japanese Military ‘Comfort Women’ to UNESCO Memory of the World Register” http://www.voicecw.org.
If you have questions, please contact Jong Lee
Phone: (415) 377-2972; Email: email@example.com